Janos Technology is an industry leader in single point diamond machining technology, utilizing Precitech Nanoform and Rank Pneumo CNC two-axis single point diamond machining equipment. We offer precision refractive as well as reflective optics. Surface contours include plano, paraboloids, ellipsoids, hyperboloids, spheres, flats, waxicons, and axicons. Although the limits of manufacture vary from one configuration to another, obtainable and verifiable specifications include figure accuracy to 1/10 λ per inch. Typical surface roughness values range from 40-120 Å RMS, depending upon material and configuration. Post polishing can further improve surface roughness in certain applications. Please contact our Applications Engineers with your specific requirements to see what our years of experience, state-of-the-art fabrication and test equipment, and technical expertise can bring to your requirements.
Diamond Turning Equipment
Janos Technology has:
- Two Precitech Nanoform 350 and One Nanoform 200 diamond turning machines for fast, ultra-high-precision manufacturing of parts up to 14” in diameter. The Nanoform machines utilize Precitech’s Ultrapath machine control system, fully constrained hydrostatic boxways, and 8.6nm resolution linear glass scales for positioning.
- One ASG 2500T CNC contouring lathe featuring laser positional tracking with nanometer feedback resolution. Also features hydrostatic oil bearing slides, precision temperature control, and 12″ diameter swing capacity.
- Two MSG 325 CNC contouring lathes featuring laser position tracking with nanometer feedback resolution. Also features air bearing slides, precision temperature control, and 17″ diameter swing capacity.
Together, these six machines allow Janos to produce the diamond turned parts you require with the quality and quantity you need.
Materials & Capabilities
- Germanium, Silicon, Zinc, Selenide, ZnS, Mutli-Spectral ZnS, Calcium Fluoride, Barium Fluoride, Magnesium Fluoride, Lithium Fluoride, AMTIR, Gallium Arsenide, Aluminum, Copper, Electroless Nickel Plating, Titanium
- Surface Roughness < 30 Å RMS depending on materials & configurations of optic
- Aspheric Lenses, Binary Diffractive Lenses, On-Axis Metal Mirrors, Off-Axis Metal Mirrors, Torroidal Metal Mirrors, Cylindrical Metal Mirrors